Purpose of Role
To lead the pricing of small and less complex tenders, contribute to the development of bid solutions, develop pricing models and summarise the financial considerations of tenders. Assist others on larger tenders.
• With the Bid Manager and Operational lead develop the pricing strategy and managing the financial submission- Assuring accuracy, competitiveness and compliance of tenders.- Leading target cost exercises of all pricing returns from supply chain, M&E estimating and CoE. - Preparation of pricing utilising standard pricing models and bid specific requirements. - Contributing to the submission document and contract documentation- Contributing to risk assessment and ensuring all risks are included within the tender- Supporting the Bid Manager in bid negotiations / presentations.- Support cost planning initiatives
Additional Role Information
- You will possess strong financial and numerical skills- Experience in a bidding, financial or budgeting role would be advantageous.
- Strong Excel skills are key alongside the ability to create, manipulate and explain financial models.
- You will have a questioning mind with the ability to challenge the norm and think differently to find the right solution or approach to pricing.
- The role demands someone who has a positive outlook, as the bidding environment is changeable and requires great flexibility to deal with regular changes in client demand.
- Working effectively as part of a bid team is essential to ensure the submissions have the best chance of being successful. This will need strong communication skills for working with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as the ability to deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience in, or strong knowledge of, the Facilities Management sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Strong commercial acumen would be of benefit although this can be developed within the role.
- Car/ Car allowance & fuel card
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands