|Job Ref:||204679559||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£160 - £165/annum car||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Responsible For Provision of accurate and effective SHEQ advice to all staff operating on the contract across the utility, street works and construction operations.|
Job Purpose Advise all staff on SHEQ matters to ensure delivery of legislative compliance and client requirements and promote continuous improvement of safety and quality performance.
Foster the development of SHEQ skills within operations line management.
Support operational colleagues to deliver their SHEQ responsibilities.
1. Provide accurate SHEQ advice and support to operational field delivery staff, including advising on current CDM Regulations compliance as well as environmental issues. This will either be by direct support or use of available expertise within the business unit or wider business
2. Provide support and guidance to operational teams and management on SHEQ performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback. Deliver Safe Behaviour Training/Coaching to all levels within the business.
3. Assist and support the SHEQ Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports
4. Assist and support line managers with inductions and incident / accident investigations
5. Engage staff and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
6. Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site, including out of hours if required.
7. Assist and support with audits by internal and external bodies.
8. Assist and support operational management to promote SHEQ at safety briefings and internal and external meetings.
9. Delivery of training courses, including assisting operational managers with new starter induction training and ongoing training needs for staff and operatives
10. Assist operational personnel with incident investigation; provide advice, support and guidance on legal framework. Ensure that learning points are fed into SHEQ directorate for continued improvement of policy, standards etc. Review completed incident reports for closure of client reports.
11. Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractors' management systems.
12. Support local managers in contact with SHEQ regulators (e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.) accompanying them on inspections, audits and responding to complaints and queries.
13. Update and maintain office safety processes and manuals, including site occupiers log.
14. Provide feedback on identified SHEQ risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
15. Contribute to SHEQ projects as directed by the SHEQ Manager and support development and delivery as appropriate (may include new procedures, training development, policy, lead roles etc.).
16. Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all company activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
17. Adopt a flexible approach to work and its completion so as to maximise performance whilst minimising cost.
18. Perform stand-by duties on a standby rota where necessary.
19. Engender and operate in a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents.
20. Maintain an up to date knowledge of appropriate legislation, policies and procedures, technical standards and codes of practice.
21. Evaluate and analyse safety data and implement remedial action plans
22. Share, promote and facilitate technical and procedural best practice.
23. Attend SHEQ/Operational meetings as and when required.
24. Stand in for the SHEQ Manager as required
25. To perform any other task commensurate with the role.
Attribute Essential Desirable
Experience • Proven track record of working in and contributing to high performing teams within the utility or similar industry.
• Ability to undertake coaching of operational colleagues regarding SHEQ practices at all levels, to promote understanding and performance improvement by providing timely and constructive direct feedback.
• Ability to deal with obstructive personnel and contribute towards changing behaviour by positive interaction and leadership
• Able to self-motivate and operate with minimum supervision, good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Participation in the relevant standby rota as required.
Qualifications • NEBOSH National General Certificate
• Environmental awareness or equivalent
• Full Driving Licence
• New Roads and Streetworks Supervisor • Qualified trainer
Knowledge & Skills • Current knowledge of appropriate legislation, policy and procedures, with a sound understanding of Morrison Operating Procedures
• Knowledge of legislative framework and best practice in Safety, Health, Environment & Quality
• Ability to prepare concise, accurate reports.
• Sound knowledge of I.T programs - MS Office and other databases
Personal Qualities • Excellent all round organisational skills
• Able positive communicator
• Team player and relationship builder
• Clear and analytical decision maker
• Excellent foresight and ability to plan ahead
• Customer focus - build sound relationships with other staff
• Committed to continuous improvement
• Stable and consistent, always operating with integrity
• Continually proactive • Innovative and is able to regularly 'think outside the box'
• Excellent and creative problem solving skills
• Inspires positive change