|Job Ref:||1600032S||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:03|
Service and Support Development Leaders #IN521 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Engine Business business unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Service and Support Development Leaders #IN521 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Apply knowledge of engineering principles to resolve acute regional support issues utilizing metrics to develop plans for supply chain improvements.
• Develop service elements of the distributor annual operating plans (DAOP) working with global distributors relative to service investments including training and major tooling.
• Utilize knowledge of quality performance scorecards and other tools to ensure progress capability.
• Maintain global plant and account management relationships by working with business unit leaders to ensure business and customer support initiatives are successfully implemented.
• Identify gaps and assist in developing distributor service capability and lead the facilitation of information systems for new distributors.
• Develop Key Performance Indicators to ensure continuous efficiency.
• Apply knowledge of products to implement metrics, evaluations, and dealer certification procedures.
• Utilize engineering background and knowledge of machinery to assist in the facilitation of training for information systems and new distributors.
• Resolve distributor capability issues through analysis of performance metrics and develop plans for improvements.
• Identify safety improvements for all distributors and ensure compliance with Health and Safety Environment Act.
• Apply engineering principles to manage use of structure tools and delegate use effectively throughout team.
• Perform issue management of cross-functional EBU/DBU capability challenges.
• Assist global channel partners in supporting customers effectively.
• Execute the QuickServe online process, and understand interaction between tools, distributor structure, and service roles.
• Utilize knowledge of engine projects to maintain cross-functional project issue lists with appropriate prioritization based on issue importance.
• Understand and support engine logistics from originating plant to customer and/or distributor.
• Execute Synchronized Business Planning.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field and two years of experience as an Industrial Engineer, Supply Chain Analyst, or related position.
• Alternately, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field and five years of experience as an Industrial Engineer, Supply Chain Analyst, or related position.
Experience to include:
• Supporting engine logistics from originating plant to customer and/or distributor;
• Working with global distributors to develop annual operating plans relative to service investments;
• Analyzing performance metrics and developing plans for improvements to resolve distributor capability issues;
• Maintaining global plant and account management relationships to lead the facilitation of information systems for new distributors;
• Technical knowledge of engines, engine logistics and engine components;
• Issue management of cross-functional EBU/DBU capability challenges;
• Executing Synchronized Business Planning.
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN521.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .