|Job Ref:||1600032W||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:03|
Combustion Performance and Emissions Leaders #IN517 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Power Generation Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Combustion Performance and Emissions Leaders #IN517 in Seymour, Indiana .
• Utilize knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and High Horsepower T4 Combustion, Performance, and Emissions (CPE) initiation to lead, develop and introduce combustion, performance, and emissions solutions for new Tier 4 High Horsepower products and their derivatives for the off-highway industrial, locomotive, and oil and gas markets.
• Apply Fundamental understanding of Diesel Combustion and levers to control emissions in cylinder to calibrate engines for emissions and performance.
• Develop hardware and software requirements and electronic performance calibrations through analytical and empirical methods that best meet the technical Value Package Introduction (VPI) performance requirements of the project.
• Coach and support CPE Engineers in the development of CPE hardware and calibration strategies for the T4 engine models such that they achieve the applicable emissions testing and regulatory requirements for the United States and the European Union .
• Ensure the alignment of the development schedules and deliverables with the VPI program requirements.
• Use technical engineering methods to develop these performance and emission recipes on current and advanced diesel engine fuel systems .
• Update Technical Project Leaders on schedules, project deliverables and status updates.
• Lead OnTrack activities for CPE team, including work plan and Individual Development Plans (IDPs) definition, mid-year and year-end performance reviews.
• Specify components and guide modification of diesel products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications using knowledge of exhaust aftertreatment solutions for diesel and natural gas engines , emissions development, and engine control.
• Design, develop, and validate the performance of in cylinder and aftertreatment systems and components employing experience with Internal Combustion Engines, Mechatronics, and Thermal Science and Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R).
• Utilize detailed knowledge of Six Sigma tool usage and past success of completion of a Six Sigma Project to improve the quality of thermal and fluid sciences functional excellence and the processes that help optimize the engine performance.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and two years of experience as a CPE Engineer or related position.
• Alternately, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience as a CPE Engineer or related position.
Experience to include:
• Development and introduction of combustion, performance, and emissions solutions for new Tier 4 High Horsepower products;
• Fundamental understanding of Diesel Combustion and levers to control emissions in cylinder;
• Electronic performance calibration development;
• Emissions testing and regulatory requirements for the United States and the European Union;
• Knowledge of diesel engine fuel systems;
• Knowledge of Exhaust Aftertreatment Solutions for diesel and natural gas engines;
• Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R);
• Detailed Knowledge of Six Sigma Tool usage and past success of completion of a Six Sigma Project.
JOB SITE: Seymour , Indiana
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN517.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .