|Job Ref:||1600034O||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Minnesota||City:||Minneapolis||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:03|
Electronics Engineer - Technical Specialists #MN124 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Components Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Electronics Engineer - Technical Specialists #MN124 in Fridley, Minnesota .
• Develop Embedded real-time firmware.
• Analyze, design, develop, test and perform troubleshooting for embedded software utilizing knowledge of engineering principles and programming languages C/C /PERL/Java/Assembly.
• Investigate issues and requests, review and revise specifications, develop solutions and validate changes.
• Analyze and simulate electronic capabilities, implement, and generate supporting software.
• Maintain, support, and drive improvements.
• Utilize knowledge of Technical Project Management to ensure software development programs meet scheduled commitments and to provide technical direction for project to project team.
• Develop new algorithms, operating logics and electronic systems using structured programming techniques, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) models, closed-loop control, signal processing and digital filters.
• Design, code, implement, and unit test complex analytical and numerical algorithms and solutions.
• Integrate and design electronic components together for specific applications and releases of embedded firmware.
• Verify and validate controls, hardware, and software as well as tune, release, and troubleshoot controls.
• Identify high risk changes, appropriate verification methods and deliver fixes to production controls on time.
• Perform Model-based system/software design and testing using analysis tools NI LabVIEW and Matlab/Simulink to develop embedded real-time firmware and PC based utilities.
• Implement and maintain Communication protocols including CAN (SAE J1939) in embedded devices.
• Utilize Object Oriented design and analysis to analyze and design electronic controls software implementation.
• Develop electronic controls for power system products.
• Provide quality solutions to problems using Six Sigma Tools and methodologies including Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 3 years of experience as an Electrical, Design or Software Engineer or related position.
Experience to include:
• Programming languages C/C /PERL/Java/Assembly;
• Technical Project Management;
• Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
• Six Sigma Tools and methodologies including Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA);
• Communication protocols: CAN (SAE J1939);
• Embedded real-time firmware;
• Model-based system/software design and test including NI LabVIEW, Matlab/Simulink;
• Design electronic controls and components of embedded firmware.
JOB SITE: Fridley, MN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # MN124.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .