|Job Ref:||1600030F||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:03|
Thermal and Fluid Science Engineer - Technical Specialists, CFD #IN502 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Engine Business business unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Thermal and Fluid Science Engineer - Technical Specialists, CFD #IN502 in Columbus, Indiana.
• A pply technical expertise in order to apply and/or develop advanced analytical capabilities for the evaluation of air handling components and systems, and cooling system components of an internal combustion engine.
• Participate in a variety of engine related projects and programs and generate technical data and physical insights that will guide development efforts for components and systems.
• Communicate advanced engineering concepts to a less specialized audience, thereby affecting the technical direction taken by project or program teams.
• Use experience accumulated from previous work to provide guidance for new projects.
• Apply advanced analytical techniques to help troubleshoot problems associated with air handling and cooling systems, and provide insights for mitigation of those problems.
• Assist with transfer of knowledge by writing and maintaining functional excellence practices.
• Perform Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to analyze air handling and cooling system components.
• Apply knowledge of Fluid dynamics and thermodynamics in order to be part of a functional team and advise other teams on matters related to fluid flow, help solve complex problems and/or develop advanced methodologies.
• Use steady state and transient CFD solvers to simulate heat transfer processes related to incompressible and compressible flow systems in internal combustion engines.
• Apply statistical tools, using engineering analysis software such as Matlab and Minitab to convert CFD and experimental data into a presentable form for customers.
• Apply Six Sigma process improvement tools to improve the CFD analysis as well as engine testing, and engine data quality.
• Run complex simulations to provide information and insights that cannot be obtained experimentally.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and three years of experience as a CFD Analyst or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and five years of experience as a CFD Analyst or related position.
Experience to include:
• Computational fluid dynamics (CFD);
• Fluid dynamics;
• Heat transfer;
• Analysis software such as Matlab and Minitab;
• Six Sigma process improvement tools;
• Air handling and cooling systems.
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN502.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .