|Job Ref:||16000338||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Rocky Mount||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:04|
Product Validation Engineer - Technical Specialists #NC018 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Product Validation Engineer - Technical Specialists #NC018 in Whitakers, North Carolina .
• Design, develop, analyze, and release products and subsystems throughout product lifecycle.
• Create design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly, and service.
• Review and update existing Integrated Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (IDFMEA) utilizing the logical relationships of the information, areas, of risk, and risk mitigation.
• Lead cross-functional team through all aspects of IDFMEA and create boundary diagrams, functional analyses, and P-diagrams.
• Utilize 7-step product problem solving process to a broad range of products and lifecycles.
• Execute complex Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) to ensure compliance, integration and planning for components and subsystems.
• Carry out cross-functional design review for a wide range of work situations and train others in developing and applying reviews.
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of equipment, components, and systems.
• Specify system components and direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Oversee the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of product production, including the selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and the operation of product designs.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and three years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, Base Engine RPS Project Leader, or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and six years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, Base Engine RPS Project Leader or related position.
Experience to include:
• Design specifications;
• Integrated Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (IDFMEA);
• Boundary diagrams, functional analyses, and P-diagrams;
• 7-step product problem solving;
• Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R);
• Cross-functional design review;
• System components and direct modification of products;
• Product production.
JOB SITE: Whitakers, NC
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # NC018.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .