|Job Ref:||1600037O||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Indianapolis||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:04|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Documents, tests, and consults on business processes for a business unit, region, or plant.
• Documents, tests, and consults on financial controls, company policies, and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles at the region or plant level; reviews internal control documentation to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
• Prepares process maps and control matrices.
• Works with Cummins Sarbanes-Oxley auditors; tracks audit findings; assists work team to resolve financial accounting policy and generally accepted accounting principles issues.
• Participates in process improvement initiatives to enhance accounting and internal control systems.
• Coaches and mentors accounting staff on internal controls issues and process documentation.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting required.
• Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent certification preferred.
• Two years of intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .