|Job Ref:||1600032T||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:04|
Thermal and Fluid Science Engineer - Senior Engineers #IN540 |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Thermal and Fluid Science Engineer - Senior Engineers #IN540 in Columbus, Indiana .
• Apply knowledge of physics and thermodynamics on components or projects.
• Utilize Thermal and Fluid Science Functional Excellence (TSFE) tools and processes to develop and improve designs for engines, vehicles, and power systems.
• Perform thermal design and analysis, including engine, product, and detailed component analysis utilizing Matlab/Simulink, Excel and Minitab.
• Monitor cooling, lubrication, and fueling systems.
• Design engine systems for cycle, vehicle system, combustion system, flow, filtration or after treatment, or combustion system simulation.
• Develop and design systems for Aftertreatment components and combustion simulation.
• Develop a systematic problem solving approach using Six Sigma tools and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) to identify the root cause and implement robust fixes.
• Report on key deliverables and comply with reliability and performance targets.
• Create engineering solutions utilizing 7 step problem solving approach and ensure the solution reflects the Voice of Customer (VOC).
• Utilize knowledge of Engine product requirements Engineering process to develop and maintain project requirements.
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Automotive, or Aerospace Engineering or related field and 3 years of experience as a Service Engineer, Combustion Engineer, Controls Engineer, Applications Engineer or related position.
Experience to include:
• Voice of Customer (VOC);
• Thermal and Fluid Science Functional Excellence (TSFE);
• Six Sigma tools and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA);
• Aftertreatment components design;
• Engine product requirements Engineering process;
• 7 step problem solving;
• Matlab/Simulink, Excel and Minitab.
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to company website and refer to Job ID # IN540.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .