|Job Ref:||204675672||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:30|
Site Manager and HVAC |
Location - Cumbria
Salary - Negotiable
I currently have a requirement for a Site Manager. The purpose of this position will be, allocating, managing and deploying labour and equipment and being responsible for all resources in regards to the projects. This position requires a candidate with a passion for Health and Safety, as you will be expected to oversee and manage the performance on-site, where you will be working closely with the clients HSE management and challenging the performance across all on-site operations.
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation duck-work solutions, they are known for their delivery of projects nationally and work on projects in Nuclear and Industrial Processes, Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and leisure. They pride themselves on being a proactive solution provider working with all disciplines, from concept to completion.
Package: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Fuel Card, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday Plus Public Holidays- per rata- Training and Development, Expense Reimbursement, Pension 5% /7% - Employer Contribution and Private Healthcare!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* To control, generate, report and be responsible for all aspects of small contracts. To enhance the profitability.
* Understand and ensure adherence to all site procedures, practices and standards at all times.
* To generate relevant contract control documentation and lifetime documentation and records associated with small contracts.
* To arrange / ensure that the site 5 operations are conducted and documented in line with expected high standards and in accordance with the Sellafield site requirements specifically: -
* Ensure Legionella checks are carried out
* Ensure fire safety checks / evacuation exercises are carried out.
* Good housekeeping and cleaning regime to be implemented
* Pollution control exercises to be carried out
* Ensure PAT tests / equipment inspection and maintenance regime completed
* Ensure 1st aid checks are adopted
* COSHH control to be maintained
* To meet with the team at site regularly to determine and report on resource and equipment required on site and implementation of improvement projects.
* To be representative for Safety, Health, Environment, Quality at Site
* To actively involve Office based senior staff in workforce consultations, audits and improvements.
* To conduct regular audits, generate improvement plans and ensure their successful implementation.
* To manage and report on resource and site equipment utilized on site ensuring costs are kept to a minimum and efficiencies are demonstrated.
* In conjunction with HR Department, manage and maintain all passes, training records, radiological records ensuring required renewals are completed to have available necessary resource available.
* To conduct SQEP reviews of site personnel.
* To ensure attendances and timesheets are generated and verified for all site based personnel, reporting to ECIA operative's attendances as required monthly.
* To continually monitor and improve business practices and procedures necessary for the successful operation of site 5.
* To supervise the work undertaken by all involved within projects under their control.
* To ensure that requisite method statements / risk assessments are produced and are being adhered to and generate safe systems of work.
* To report to Projects Department Manager on a regular basis the status of the site operations.
* To ensure that all personnel follow company, client and legal requirements in the performance of their duties and where necessary follow appropriate HR procedures.
Building Services/Mechanical/ Qualification
NEC3/ICHEME/JCT - Desirable
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency