|Job Ref:||204675913||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum pension, healthcare||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:30|
Our client is provides exciting building services solutions for virtually all types of building projects in the industrial, government, commercial and leisure sectors.
Their projects include data centres, marine establishments, education buildings, sports facilities, and offices as well as specialised manufacturing facilities and bespoke residential properties.
They are a well-established practice of M&E consulting engineers based in Hampshire with an enviable reputation for technical excellence, professionalism and quality in all that we do.
They are expanding and consolidating our team, and are seeking a senior engineer to enhance their practice offering.
Typical projects range from £2m-£3m with an office location in an enviable, rural setting.
* Prepare outline schemes, technical reports, sketch designs and concept layouts. Prepare detailed specifications, schedules, drawings and other contract documents in accordance with RIBA stages.
* Input into pre-qualification and selection of contractors, tendering procedures and tender review.
* Liaise with clients, professionals, contractors, suppliers and other design team members. Identify and meet the needs and expectations of clients and mentor and inspire younger colleagues and engineers.
* We are seeking someone with excellent communication skills in written and spoken English who is able to inspire, influence and negotiate.
* You must be able to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active and professional way.
* As a key person within their team you will be liaising directly with clients to formulate initial design strategies as well as managing projects from inception, through construction to project completion.
* This role will suit someone with excellent interpersonal skills who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and looking for career progression.
* Relevant experience in mechanical engineering design, including areas such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning using modern low energy equipment and renewables
* 3-5 years experience in a consulting engineering environment
* You must be fully conversant with building regulations and the principles of sustainable and low carbon design. Be competent with mechanical engineering calculations (IES, Hevacomp etc).
What They Can Offer
The practice offers a range of attractive employee benefits as well as support via training and mentoring to flourish and progress towards senior management.
You will be working with other highly motivated and enthusiastic people, with the opportunity to work on exciting, innovative and technically challenging projects.
They have strong values of honesty, professionalism and pride in everything they do. If you share these values and want to work in an exciting, dynamic and friendly environment then please get in touch