|Job Ref:||204676074||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:56|
Role Title: Operations Manager Reports to: Operations Director |
Location: Site/ London, Worthing, Reading etc
managing multi projects, NEC, M&E, Subcontractor , 1mill + projects , nuclear/pharma/EFW sectors
Purpose, Context & Responsibilities
Responsible for handling the logistics, preparing budgets and inventories for projects, and overseeing the supervision of employees. The job holder will be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. To achieve this, they should have strong leadership and excellent problem-solving skills along with good communication skills.
• Provides construction support for construction projects and proposals.
• Directs administration of construction personnel for construction projects.
• Develops construction execution plan for projects and proposals which minimises cost and duration of construction activities.
• Monitors, evaluates, and reports performance of assigned construction projects senior management and the Board of Directors.
• Provides recommendations to Operations Director regarding project staff assignments/teams.
• Acts as liaison between offices for all construction related matters. Communicates lessons learned.
• Directs corrective action for discipline problems or poor performance with senior managers.
• Ensures the Human Resources Department is kept informed as required.
• Enforces and interprets division and department policies, standards, and procedures.
• Provides support for international offices and international projects for proposals, project planning and project execution.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Champions continuous improvement efforts.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Supervises work of others.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Understanding of Company practices, process and related impact on project activities.
• Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Structured approach to managing construction operations.
• Conceptual planning ability.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent and proven leadership skills.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Engineering & construction operations experience;
• Ideally - Bachelors degree in engineering or construction.
• Operations Director
• Project Managers
• Business Development Director
• Commercial Managers