|Job Ref:||204676596||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:52|
Our client is a Northern Powerhouse Contractor who are undertaking the most prestigious contractors across the Manchester arena.
This includes the delivery of high-value projects - £50m + across a number of diverse sectors around the world, ranging from international airport infrastructure to large-scale residential developments and 5 star hotels.
To manage and co-ordinate all estimating aspects of a bid, ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer. To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and project team.
Reporting to the Commercial Lead, the role will require a passion for first class delivery.
Internally: Working closely with the Bid Teams, Design, Engineering, Planning , Quantity Surveyors, BIM & Site Management
Externally; working close with sub-contractors and supply chain.
* Ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner
* Oversee and/or interrogate design options and 'value' solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating principles. Activities to include:
* Review customer's drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment
* Assess and manage risk and opportunity and support negotiations as part of the pricing process
* Collate and review tender documents and submission requirements in a timely way, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included
* Establish and agree key plant rates
* Agree with engineering and planning key methods, outputs and plant selection
* Detailed analysis of subcontractors' analysis
* Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing including plant schedules and risk assessment
* Prepare tender settlement papers and carry out any belated adjustments as a result of tender settlements
* Provide bills of allowances as part of the commercial handover meeting
* Responsibility for 'sign off' of all cost elements or financial submissions
* Select suitable sub-contractors and specialists for each project
* Ensure that key specialists are utilised on each bid to optimise: design, specification, programme and value
* Manage the production of cost information for management
* Provide considered responses to customer questions including post tender queries
* Ensure that the project commercial team have received an effective handover of bid documentation
* Represent the company and present tender proposals at customer interviews
* Attend or carry out periodic Tender Health Checks and formal risk reviews to ensure that the identified risks are mitigated as far as possible in tender submissions
* Ensure that cost planning and estimating are accurate and reflect the project requirements and risk profile.
* Carry out measurement & take-offs, pricing and entering into the system
* Ensure all Health, Safety & Environmental requirements are charged for within costs
* Personal Qualities and Experience
* Ten years plus experience for a main contractor
* Previous experience of managing/implementing all aspects of the estimating process on a mix of projects/schemes, within the construction industry is required
* Working knowledge of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas and an understanding of the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning is desirable. An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable
* Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
* A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required.
* Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems is essential.
* Membership of a relevant professional body, relevant work experience and/or a relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
* CSCS Card, where applicable
Remuneration & Benefits
* In return the successful candidate can expect to receive an industry leading remuneration package and competitive bonus structure
* Exciting Growth Plans
* Excellent opportunities available for career progression and development for the right individual