|Job Ref:||204679397||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£50000 - £500000/annum package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:52|
Our client has been established for over 25 years and has wide expertise on a wide range of projects, including Commercial & Residential. The high volumes of repeat business they have secured are testament to their success as a trustworthy partnering contractor.|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who will be based out of their Liverpool office accountable for all aspects of surveying and commercial functions.
The role will report to the Regional Director and will be based in the North West region of our Construction business.
You will focus on:
* Actively managing risk and opportunity
* Seeking opportunities and development in design to improve the overall project delivery
* Management of client valuations and variations all the way through to agreeing the final account
* Attending Client progress meetings and provide updates of current progress
* Maintaining client and consultant professional relationships
* Ensuring compliance with contract requirements
* Carrying out and overseeing procurement activities and ensuring production of robust orders
* Commercial control of subcontract packages
* Production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
* Should be comfortable working as a senior member of a project team with a willingness to contribute to all project success factors
* A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
* Must be qualified at degree level or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level.
* Has an appropriate depth of experience of all aspects of quantity surveying in the building industry.
* An expert negotiator with a keen eye for detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
* In depth experience of:
* Preparing Valuations, variations and final accounts
* Managing Sub-contract accounts & procurement
* Cost monitoring
* Producing, managing and forecasting Material procurement on site.
* Working within Company Best Practice Procedures
* Measuring and valuing works
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package