|Job Ref:||204679407||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:52|
Senior Quantity Surveyor and Nuclear /NEC/HVAC|
Salary - Negotiable, Plus Package
I am currently looking to speak with Senior Quantity Surveyors for a position in Reading. Candidates wishing to be considered, will be, responsible for managing their own project/projects and must be able to demonstrate experience and competence in the following areas as a minimum: Project Preliminary Forecasts, Site Instillation's and Factory Fabrications, Sub-Contractor Package Forecast, Equipment Procurement Forecasts and Analysing Project Progress with Project Cost Expenditure.
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation duck-work solutions, they are known for their delivery of projects nationally and work on projects in Nuclear and Industrial Processes, Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and leisure. They pride themselves on being a proactive solution provider working with all disciplines, from concept to completion.
Package: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Fuel Card, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday Plus Public Holidays- per rata- Training and Development, Expense Reimbursement, Pension 5%/7% - Employer Contribution and Private Healthcare!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
Experience and competence in managing project budgets and monitor against cost and value
in areas such as;
- Project preliminary forecasts
- Site Installation and factory fabrication forecasts
- Sub-contract package forecasts
- Equipment Procurement forecasts
- Analysing project progress with project cost expenditure
Be capable of proactively managing change using the relevant mechanisms within the contract, such as;
* Monitoring and valuing change between the contract and latest documentation (drawings/specifications etc.)
* Identifying potential changes to the contract scope
* Programme delays/unproductive working etc.
* Assessing sub-contract variation claims and ensuring only contractual entitlement is paid
Have experience of being an integral part of the procurement process for both sub-contract packages and equipment
procurement, carrying out functions such as;
* Producing ITT documentation for sub-contractors/vendors incorporating all required contract scope in conjunction with the project team and other key departments such as H&S/Quality
* Carrying out comprehensive quotation analysis against project budgets and compliancy with ITT
* Attending/Chairing tender and final price negotiation meetings
* Drafting and raising sub-contract packages in conjunction with the commercial director/legal department
* Raising purchase orders incorporating all required contractual documentation
Be capable of completing all required project commercial reporting documents such as the following;
* Monthly project cost/status report (including costs to date/liability forecasts/cash position etc.)
* Revenue Forecasts
* Cash Flow Forecasts
* Client commercial reports (such as Earned Value/EAC etc.)
* Variation Registers (internal & external)
* Chartered Membership of RICS or CIOB
* BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency