|Job Ref:||204679473||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:52|
Job title: Mechanical Services Estimator Principle Contractor |
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + company benefits (dependant on experience & seniority)
Job Type: Permanent
As a long established and well respected name in the Construction Industry our client has increased their in-house expertise to self-deliver the Building Services elements of some of their own projects, already generating an additional £35m per annum to their already impressive £1 Billion + Group T/O. This in house expertise encompasses design, estimation, installation and commissioning.
The client covers a multitude of sectors with particular strengths in the Educational, Public, Commercial and Residential Sectors for traditional architecturally led, Design & Build, New Build and refurbishment projects.
The appointed candidate will be responsible for compiling mechanical estimates for the company's projects, working out how much a project is likely to cost and create budgets accordingly. The role will also include assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
* Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
* Performing risk and value management and cost control
* Advising on procurement strategy
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
* Preparing and analysing costing's for tenders
* Seeking funding sources and submitting bids
* Allocating work to subcontractors
* Providing advice on contractual claims
* Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
* Valuing completed work and arranging payments
* Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
* Carrying out feasibility studies
* Writing reports
* Preparing and submitting final accounts
* Making valuations
* Arranging payments to suppliers and contractors
* Providing advice and forecasts about costs.
Education, experience and essential:
* Previous experience as a Mechanical Estimator preparing tenders from £500k - £3m
* Previous experience in leading a team and allocating workload to Junior/Assistant Estimators
* A comprehensive knowledge of current building regulations including gas & water regulations
* A sound knowledge of renewables including solar, heat pumps (air, ground & water)
* A sound knowledge of combined heat & power systems.
* Preferable for Candidates with a relevant trade background
For more details on this exciting opportunity, please contact Michael Stevens by applying here online, or call (Apply online only)