|Job Ref:||204676718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury||Address:||Post Code:||BL9||Salary:||£35000/annum pension,hols,BUPA, life assurance||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:57|
Role Title: Project Planner |
Reports to: Lead Planner / Project Manager
Location: Office / Site Based
Purpose, Context & Responsibilities
Responsible for developing, analysing, and updating the project baseline programme and supporting documents throughout the lifetime of the project
Responsible for initiating and maintaining on a regular basis the detailed Construction Programme together with a Design and Package Procurement Schedule, in order to ensure that work is being carried out to meet the Project requirements. Collecting data, updating the programme to show progress or delays and providing weekly performance reports to the Project Manager concerning the status of the project. Implementation of financial analysis to assist in production of commercial information.
• Work towards achieving a full understanding of the role and its boundaries
• Achieve full understanding of internal and external procedures
• Build and maintain relationships
• Measure earned value against planned and actual
• Highlight financial impact against programme and measure / monitor against time and cost.
• Actively take part in induction and ongoing training and development
• Demonstrate the abilities to create, update, monitor and develop a project baseline programmes and communicate them to the project team, S/C and client
• Carry out initial site surveys and discussions to establish and develop project requirements
• Development of the project programmes with relevant parties, including sub-contractors and suppliers
• Responsible for programme development and implementation plans to ensure works carried out in compliance with internal policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
• Ensure projects are completed within specified timescales, specifications and budgets
• Benchmarking and monitoring of projects, ensuring they are running to schedule and to promote continuous improvement; informing the project team of any slippage
• Provision of weekly and bi-weekly progress reports, whilst flagging critical path items, and possible risks identified
• Developing the risk register of the project with the project team, update and monitor it
• Continually update relevant project documentation following internal procedures
• Actively encourage/develop alternative construction techniques to achieve better timescales, whilst maintaining the project requirements for budget, quality and safety
• Maintaining records of the project timeframes and achievements for future reference
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Project planning experience within the construction industry, ideally within technically demanding facilities such as Nuclear, Pharma, or Microelectronics type industries
Working within budgets and timescales
Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (preferable)
HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
Primavera Software P6
MS Office products - MS Project / Word / Excel
Good communication skills at all levels are required, via all mediums.
Understanding of the companies contractual obligations.
A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
Strong analytical and logical skills
Full UK driving licence
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
Be aware of and be familiar with different forms of contract.
Key Relationships •
Lead Planner • Client • Project Manager(s) • Construction Manager • Quantity Surveyors • Site Supervisors • Purchasing Manager • Design and Engineering Manager • Production Control • Sub-contractors/suppliers