|Job Ref:||204676820||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:53|
Civil Engineer - Slipform Project Manager|
Lagan Operations & Maintenance Limited (part of the Lagan Construction Group) is now recruiting for a Civil Engineer - Slipform Project Manager.
Working with a local company who have established themselves as a Slip form Paving contractor throughout UK and Ireland we are looking for an ambitious Slip Form Manager that has a track record of successfully delivering schemes up to the value of £3M+.
You will preferably have been involved in the installation of various slipform barrier/walling, slabs, drainage and kerbs or have extensive knowledge of working on site with concrete and ideally have been involved in commercial aspects of the works.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
- Development of Inspection and Test Plans.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures in line with the Inspection and Test Plans.
What you'll bring:
As a Slipform Project Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- 8- 10 years post graduate construction experience
- Experience of working across multiple sites
- CSR Supervisors Card
- First Aid
- Sound and knowledgeable commercial and financial understanding
- At Project Manager experience
- IT Literate with experience in word, excel and Microsoft project.
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB)
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we'll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
- Private Health Cover
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That's why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support - we'll do whatever we can to help.
We wish you every success in your application