|Job Ref:||204677650||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:54|
The Role: |
Process, assess planning applications and provide support to principal planners and managers to assist service delivery.
* To process and assess planning applications including but not restricted to certificates of lawful development, adverts, licences, conditions, householders, prior notifications, change of use, listed building applications and minor developments and small scale major development.
* Negotiate improvements to development proposals, added value and Section 106 planning obligations
* Prepare and give evidence on appeals.
* To carry out a broad range of administrative work to assist service delivery including by not limited to carrying our background research and preparing presentations
* To provide advice in person, on the telephone and in writing to all clients and other users of the service including applicants, agents, members and the general public.
* To provide excellent customer service to all clients and to help build good relationships with them through the production of high quality ork and by acting in a professional manner.
* To identify potential opportunities to improve service provision and efficiency.
* To deal with customer contact and respond to complaints, logging on the appropriate system;
* To support associated services such as Building Control and Planning Consultancy to meet business demand
* Previous experience in a Planning or related technical department
* Proven ability to read plans and maps to a good standard and interpret information spatially
* Ability to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines, performance targets and produce regular consistent output of work
* Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills and ability to prepare clear and concise reports, briefings and correspondence
* Good IT skills including successful experience in the application of planning related and geographical information systems (GIS), Microsoft Windows, Word, spreadsheets and databases
* Ability to make quality planning decisions
* Successful experience and demonstration of investigating, analysing, recommending and presenting solutions to planning problems
* Some expertise at in at least one of the following areas of planning work and a broad appreciation of the other specialist areas:
* Policy, development plans, local development documents and spatial planning;
* Urban Design, architecture, heritage and conservation, Masterplanning;
* Projects, strategic development, and regeneration, development frameworks, corporate initiatives;
* Transport planning and policy;
* Development Management
* Planning Enforcement
* Environmental Management / Trees
* Degree in planning or discipline related to post and/or experience in a related field
* Driving licence
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us