|Job Ref:||204680042||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:57|
Draughtsman and AutoCAD 2D and 3D - HVAC, Mechanical (Revit) Building Services|
Location - Manchester
Salary - Negotiable, Dependant on Level / Contractors Considered
I currently have 4 live requirements for Draughtsmen. Ideally, I am looking to speak with candidates who are flexible in terms of travel. This position is partially office and site based. The office is base in Manchester but live Sites are across the country. (Majority North) therefore meaning, site visits are to be expected. The Purpose of this position will be, producing drawings and documentation to allow the complete manufacture of ventilation systems.
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation duck-work solutions, they are known for their delivery of projects nationally and work on projects in Nuclear and Industrial Processes, Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and leisure. They pride themselves on being a proactive solution provider working with all disciplines, from concept to completion.
Package: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Fuel Card, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday Plus Public Holidays- per rata- Training and Development, Expense Reimbursement, Pension 5%/7% - Employer Contribution and Private Healthcare!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* Understand and interpret clients' drawings (for example, ductwork/services layouts, architectural and structural details and plant / equipment information etc.).
* Be able to prepare an accurate ductwork layout drawing.
* Be able to detail a drawing to suit company manufacturing techniques and standards.
* Be able to use computer drafting systems employed by the company and show willingness to learn new systems as necessary.
* Attend site if the need arises on a visiting or semi-permanent basis and if necessary reside on site for a period in either a supervised or an unsupervised capacity.
* Be able to take accurate dimensions and understand site limitations.
* Be aware of and assist, where necessary, with the provision/preparation of work priorities, cost reporting information and material quantification.
* Contribute to the preparation of a project specification based on a company standard template and have a proper understanding of various construction requirements.
* Prepare and maintain all schedules, requisitions, documentation etc, associated with the manufacture, delivery and installation of ductwork systems. Examples of these would include but not limited to, technical queries and applications for concessions and the associated registers of these, drawing registers, non-conformance reports, contract schedules etc.
* To provide information to, and to co-ordinate with other draftsperson(s) on the project and to ensure that they are fully aware of the detailed requirements of that particular project, for example specifications, co-ordination responsibilities etc.
* Oversee junior or trainee draftsperson(s) as part of a mentoring process by imparting your own knowledge of company procedures and standards.
* To interact with other business departments, clients, subcontractors and suppliers as and when necessary.
*To work with a minimal amount of direct supervision from the project department design and engineering manager or project engineer, but to keep both fully informed of any occurrences that could affect the progress of any part of the project that they become aware of.
* Be aware of and work in line with all current company standard procedures.
* Take receipt from Production Control, of drawing issued from Projects Department.
* Liaise with Projects Department to ensure that all drawings are prepared / presented in line with the company's standards and procedures.
* Be able to produce additional non-standard component drawings.
* Have a basic understanding of computer drafting systems employed by the company to enable non-standard component drawings to be produced.
* Produce DXF files for all necessary components on welded specifications and produce associated print outs for issuing
* Building services / ventilation qualifications/HVAC
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency