|Job Ref:||204680048||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Wembley||Address:||Post Code:||HA9||Salary:||£300 - £375/day Bonus, Holiday + Bens||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:52|
POSITION: Senior Quantity Surveyor |
REPORTING TO: Commercial Manager/ Commercial Director
SECTOR: Groundworks/ RC Frames/ Civils
SALARY: £300 - £375 per day Ltd / Neg salaried
Our client who arespecialists in small concrete structures and groundworks, are looking to introduce a Quantity Surveyor to the team, predominantly working from their Head Office in Wembley, but expected to complete site visits as required.
Who they are?
A family run business established 30 years ago, they have truly exceled in creating a reputable and credible reputation within the Groundworks and External works sector. The foundations for the aforementioned reputation is built upon proven ability to succeed in completing projects not only within budget, within program and to specification; but also through its effective communication with its clients and employees, thus adding a personal touch to all that they do. They continue to thrive and have grown consistently in the last 20 years with this, they have expanded to provide Sub & Super structure RC Frames, Piling, Plant Hire, Hard landscaping also pioneering technology for laser levelling
Roles and responsibilities:
• Hold full commercial responsibilities for up to 3-4 projects at any one time (£200k - £3M), reporting to Commercial Director
• Train, develop and nurture less senior surveyor's working under your guidance
• Support the project team by carrying out quantity surveying functions on allocated contracts and evaluating and advising on contractual risks
• Financial and commercial management of individual contracts to meet or exceed target margins.
• Place subcontract orders
• Carry out interim valuations
• Manage the expenditure of subcontract costs
• Prepare bills of quantities
• Plan and specification tenders
What's on offer:
• Highly competitive salary Ltd or PAYE
• Opportunity to work from own initiative in relaxed environment
• Stability/ continuity of employment
Please forward your CV via this ad to apply