|Job Ref:||204679922||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£17000 - £19000/annum benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:57|
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a leading specialist property developer and restorer. They work predominantly on the re-build and restoration of listed buildings and period properties.|
They are looking for a Junior Landscaping Specialist to join their team. Part of their work involves the landscaping of the grounds and gardens of properties, often on a large scale. You would be working alongside directors and landscape architects during the pre-construction phase to create plans and choose planting. Then during the build phase you would work with the site management team to ensure that planting and landscapes are being maintained to a high standard and to problem solve as needed.
They are looking for someone with the following key skills:
* Educated to A-Level/equivalent. A qualification in horticulture/landscaping would be advantageous, but is not essential.
* A positive attitude to work, including the ability to muck-in and get your hands dirty where necessary.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
* A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle, as you will be required to travel between construction sites around the UK. Expenses are paid on all mileage and any necessary overnight stays. Upon successful completion of a probationary period a company car/car allowance may be provided.
* A genuine interest in historic buildings, landscape architecture or horticulture.
You would report to the construction director, although the position requires a degree of autonomy and you would need to be self-motivated and able to manage your time and prioritise your workload.
My client provides the opportunity to join a family-run business that is maintaining its values as it grows. The people here are friendly and personable and this creates a really pleasant working environment. There are ample opportunities for personal and professional development within the business for the right person.
This position would ideally suit a recent school/college leaver who is looking to start a successful career in the landscaping or construction industries