|Job Ref:||204679851||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Accommodation (Scotland) + package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:52|
Quantity Surveyors |
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 + Accommodation (Scotland only), Car allowance, Pension, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance Scheme.
2 x Northern Ireland and
We have a requirement for 4 x quantity surveyors for a range of roles, we have an Estimating / QS role and a Quantity Survey role both based fulltime in Belfast in the office of construction companies, and two site based quantity surveying roles located in Scotland.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will provide running and commercial reports for the project to the Commercial Manager. The role requires accurate management through reporting and some input to the decision making regarding onsite activities. Enabling the project team to achieve best value and manage costs.
As a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator at a higher level you will be assisting with the bidding, procurement, management of sub contract packages, labour only packages, consultants and suppliers. This person will be adaptable to the various project demands and capable of working to and achieving targets. An ability to report on the current and forecast cost and profit and loss position of the project and an ability to control and forecast costs are essential.
You are suited for the roles if you have:
* an understanding of contracts and contractual relationships.
* Depending on the roles at least 2 years experience or 5 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
* strong core ability with measurement and site administration procedures.
* JCT / NEC / MTC experience, working with and applying contract conditions.
* a strong ability to present viewpoint with confidence and clarity. Soundly structured with pros and cons put forward with supporting evidence.
* great people managing skills i.e. able to get through to the core issues. Adapts language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
* experience in occupational software, (training provided if particular software is not present).
If you think this role sounds appealing and you are suited to the role then let us know by either applying or contacting Stephen McConnell on NA or , you can hear more about it before proceeding to the application stage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client