|Job Ref:||204678966||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Chester||Address:||Post Code:||CH1||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:51|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor and NEC / Instillation's/M and E/HVAC|
Salary - Negotiable
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation duck-work solutions, they are known for their delivery of projects nationally and work on projects in Nuclear and Industrial Processes, Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and leisure. They pride themselves on being a proactive solution provider working with all disciplines, from concept to completion.
Package: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Fuel Card, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday Plus Public Holidays- per rata- Training and Development, Expense Reimbursement, Pension 5%/7% - Employer Contribution and Private Healthcare!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* Assist on Manage/monitor/report on all commercial aspects of projects
* Attend handover meeting to receive project from estimating/sales dept.
* Assist with the management and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
* Assist with the cost control document using information from final agreed contract pricing documents
* Participate in identifying areas of risk/scope and develop/monitor with the project team
* Produce valuations/applications/claims in line with contract requirements
* Identify and secure reimbursement of variations to the contracted scope of works
* Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project
* Develop and maintain accurate cost reporting/monitoring/forecasting for:
* Preliminaries vs. budget
* Manufacturing cost vs. budget
* Installation works vs. budget
* Design cost vs. performance
* Increased cost/market trends
* Produce monthly status report (CVR) including items listed above
* Produce accurate internal cash flows for projects in line with published timetable
* Produce accurate external cash flows for projects in line with contract requirements
* Formulate a working relationship with all members of client team
* In conjunction with project team, select/agree subcontractor & materials supplier enquiry list
* Register and acknowledge receipt of all project enquiries from potential subcontractors and suppliers
* Participate in procurement of subcontract works packages and any material/equipment 'supply only' packages
* Chartered Membership of RICS or CIOB
* BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
* Working knowledge of PowerPoint
* Post qualification construction experience with an established sub-contractor or main contractor
* Track record on commercial projects under varying forms of main contract/subcontract
* Experience of package negotiation
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Michala on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency