|Job Ref:||204678551||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£80 - £100/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:51|
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Main Design & Build Contractor - London|
This award winning company are looking to bring on a Managing Surveyor. They work on construction projects across a variety of sectors such as health, education, MOD and commercial, between £2 and £130 million. Due to their size and the types of projects, the role offers a lot of opportunity for the right candidate.
• Manage and develop the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
• Ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
• Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
• Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved
• Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
• Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value.
The Right Candidate
• Holder of a Full Driving Licence Degree
• Holds the relevant qualifications (e.g. Degree in Quantity Surveying)
• Experience within a similar role
• Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities
• Excellent communicator (written and verbally with clients, colleagues and the public)
• Good organiser and ability to prioritise
• Sound commercial management skills with analytical, logical, methodical and innovative approach.
• Have wide experience of Contract Forms, Procurement Routes and Construction methods.
• Able to function strategically and also pay attention to the finer detail. Find the competitive EDGE
• Communicate effectively at all levels and maintain a high standard of written English.
• Team member with ability to influence and make things happen.
• Work well under pressure and react quickly to changing circumstances.
• Strong overall working knowledge of both the design and construction processes.
• Financially and commercially astute
• Communication verbal and written
• Analytical and numerate
• Collaborative team working capability
• Relationship building and empathy
• IT Literate
• A good understanding of the COINS infrastructure and functionality.
• To verify and check cost reporting information and outputs from COINS
• To manipulate and format information based on COINS output.
• Competent in the use of COINS.
• Ability to develop and refine processes and systems