|Job Ref:||204678483||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:51|
Senior Health & Safety Manager - Build Main Contractor - East London|
Client: Our client has been established for only 4 years, has already reached an annual turnover of £60 million and has plans, backed by an impressive order book, to grow by at least 20-30% a year for the next 5 years. Operating across the UK from a London base, it has a well-earned reputation for delivering quality new build and refurbishment projects in the hotel, high-end residential and commercial sectors and now aims to expand additionally into the burgeoning education and health arenas. With many of its projects in the £5-20 million range it now requires an experienced Safety Manager
To Promote, Advise, Train, Consult on all aspects of Health and safety and environmental issues within a construction company environment.
Advise management on:
1. Preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
2. Improvement in existing working methods.
3. Legal requirements affecting health, safety and welfare and the adequacy of facilities provided.
4. Provision and use of protective clothing and equipment.
5. Suitability from a safety viewpoint of plant, equipment, materials and services, and the validity of all appropriate test certificates, and whether they comply with all statutory requirements.
6. Potential hazards arising from contracts and on the site safety organisation, arrangements and fire precautions required.
7. Methods of safe working.
8. Track changes in legislation and assist in developing compliant solutions.
9. Carry out safety inspections and where appropriate audits in conjunction with appropriate management to see that statute codes of practice, method statements and company safety arrangements are complied with.
10. Report on the results of these inspections verbally to include hazards seen, good/bad features and advise on overall conclusions.
11. Advise upon the production of written method statements and site safety rules and on the arrangements to bring these to the attention of the workforce ( at specified projects).
12. Investigate accidents and dangerous occurrences and recommend means of preventing recurrence.
13. Ensure up to date records are kept for monitoring and statistics to include monthly reporting.
14. Adhere to the company safety reporting procedures.
15. Assist with the identification of training requirements and subsequent training for all levels of employees; monitor recording of such training.
16. Suggest methods and aids to promote awareness of injury prevention and damage control.
17. Maintain relationships with official professional bodies involved with safety at work.
18. Keep up to date with safety legislation, codes of practice and new safety literature and circulate information applicable to each level of employee.
19. Foster within the company an understanding that injury prevention and damage control are an integral part of business and operational efficiency.
20. To report to the Board.
21. Lead and coordinate proportionate investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences and recommend means of preventing recurrence. Ensure up to date records are kept for monitoring and statistics, and disseminate learning.
• Lead build-ability from a safety perspective during tendering, planning and pre-contract stages to advise on all safety, health and welfare matters and pre-contract training requirements with the specific objective of lowering risk and exposure of people and of our business.
• Assess the suitability from a safety viewpoint of plant, equipment, materials and services operated on all sites
• Take ownership for at least two key, high value, blue chip client projects, and establish them as exemplar projects
• Advise project and site management on the determination of safe methods of working and systems to identify hazards and unsafe situations.
• Develop enhanced safety relationships with the two key project clients to enable us to attract further work based on our success.
• Represent HOC Uk Ltd from a health, safety & environment perspective at Industry forums including CHSG, and Construct.
• Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
• Professional, honest, convincing, resilient
• High influencing skills, good negotiator, ability to communicate. Not afraid to challenge.
• Ability to communicate at appropriate levels in the client organisation with professionalism.
• Influencing and negotiation skills required
• Good knowledge of H & S legislation, best practice, and a desire to constantly improve
• Attention to detail required, high standards, no compromise in safety standards
• Well qualified, competent and experienced individual