|Job Ref:||204678430||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:58|
Our engineering services business is looking for a Senior M&E Project Manager to join the team in London to effectively and professionally lead day to day Design and Construction management of significant elements of mechanical and electrical works on Fast Track Fit Out projects, including procurement, installation, and commissioning. Delivering within budget and programme to the satisfaction of the Main contractor & client. |
* Lead the management of design consultants to ensure information is provide to suit the procurement strategy, manage the production of working drawings by trade contractors within the given timeframes
* Ensure that all work methods are sufficient to meet the projects needs
* Ensure that the master programme and schedule of deliverables for the project is development, meeting the requirements of the brief and the clients expectations.
* Oversee all works of the trade contractors, contributing to the selection of key specialists, suppliers, productions including the production of working drawings, procurement and prefabrication and performance on site.
* Develop clear, detailed and practical measures of performance to meet project objectives. Regularly inspect works for compliance with design and report on progress, ensuring remedial action is taken within agreed timelines
* Implement a good communications strategy within the project to ensure that all team members are regularly briefed (every one to two weeks) and provide regular written reports to monitor performance, risk and opportunity management and highlight issues at an early stage
* Implement correct commercial control of contractors, within pre set budgets. Ensure that contractual and claim correspondence is suitable actioned within agreed timeframes
* Undertake line management responsibilities for direct report staff ensuring each is effectively managed, has a current performance review and learning plan, and are able to carry out duties as assigned to them.
* Assign clear accountabilities to members of the department and help others understand and achieve their responsibilities
We're looking for
* Experience of working on Fast Track Fit Out on similar type project that this application refers is fundamental.
* Excellent working knowledge of materials, specifications and industry working practices
* Background base with a services contractor
* Holds trade registered qualifications is fundamental
* Educated to ONC level is preferred
* Likely to hold relevant professional qualification is preferred.
Our engineering services team delivers mechanical and electrical engineering solutions to help clients maintain their buildings, to save time, and improve performance. They also provide specialist interior and exterior finishing services, and the latest off-site fabrication and virtual modelling techniques. And, because we create joint ventures with other areas of the Skanska business, joining us means that you could be involved in some of the UK's most iconic development projects.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA