|Job Ref:||204677021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Lopen||Address:||Post Code:||TA13||Salary:||£16640/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:53|
Hewins Timber is a well-established family organisation located in South Somerset, UK. We specialise in the production & distribution of European Oak products from our site near South Petherton.|
We are currently recruiting for two permanent additions to our team, both in the position of Timber Selector.
The role involves selecting from our stocks, the correct size, quality and quantity of timber in order to fulfil customer orders. This requires gaining a full knowledge of the products & stock (training provided) along with a good basic level of maths and practical understanding.
To be able to perform well in this role you will need to be physically fit and able to carry out some heavy lifting.
* Picking & sorting of timber from packs, to customers cutting list
* Grading of timber
* Tallying of timber selected on paperwork
* Banding & labelling of orders produced
* Forklift driving (Sideloader - training provided for right person if you don;t have)
* Tidying of stock placement
* Loading/unloading of timber from trucks
* Sorting & moving timber stocks
* Tidying of warehouse and yard
Our staff are our greatest asset, so we select new members of the team carefully, viewing it as a long term commitment from both sides. In return the company offer an attractive salary, company lunch, and uniform.
If this job interests you and you are up for a challenge call our recruitment partners now on (Apply online only) - we look forward to hearing from you