|Job Ref:||204678029||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Macclesfield||Address:||Post Code:||SK11||Salary:||£40000/annum Plus benefits and bonus||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
Established for over 20 years, my Client has successfully positioned itself as market leader within the supply and provision of IT equipment and supplies. In line with their ambitious growth plans an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to help deliver these objectives.|
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for a team of Area Supervisors and their direct reports. As well as motivating them to do their best, it will be down to you to plan and resource everything effectively.
You will be expected to manage staff to drive operational efficiencies, service excellence and productivity within the business. Therefore, you must lead and set the correct behaviours to drive, support and deliver results in an effective and efficient way.
This role requires someone with excellent hands-on, people management and operational skills, and is ideal for someone who is pro-active by nature with a sound sense of business judgement, a team player, and someone who will readily recommend and efficiently implement new ideas for positive change.
• Manage and analyse future space, planning capacity requirements for our warehouse of 25,000 sq ft of warehouse space. Including forward planning of appropriate locations and allocation of space for receiving deliveries.
• Directors need visibility to find and see all goods clearly. Warehouse must be mapped out, simply and effectively. Areas kept neat and tidy.
• Make sure inventories are accurate; oversee the daily, weekly, monthly stock cycle counts including the updating, maintenance of computerised stock records.
• Ensuring all stock is handled correctly and that procedures are being adhered to including Investigation and resolution of stock variances/discrepancies.
• Attending regular meetings with Directors/Finance for reconciliations.
• Consistently monitor stock activity. To keep stock takes relevant.
• Able to create larger processes and activities within the warehouse, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures. The processes may link to office procedures.
• Monitor, be responsible for and promote Health and Safety and Quality Standards, ensuring adherence to the Health and Safety Policy and Quality Standards, taking prompt and appropriate action if any issues are identified.
• Responsible for team performance, ensuring the economic and efficient use of staff, through organization and staff management.
• Briefing team leaders daily; motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
• Demonstrable record of accomplishment of efficient warehouse operations management.
• People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas; A practical hands on approach to getting the best from your team
• Technical and IT skills, particularly database management and spreadsheets;
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with different levels of the organisation
• A logical approach to problem resolution and a methodical approach to implementation
• A committed and flexible working attitude with a keen eye for detail is essential
• Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement.
• Experience of continuous improvement systems and operational excellence
• Experience of setting departmental targets and KPI's with an ability to interpret and analyse data
• Experience with Inventory and stock control systems essential
• A willingness to challenge the status quo with the ability to identify areas for improvement and change
• Someone who is not only willing to go the extra mile but can also juggle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
Does this sound like a role for you? If so, please contact Kate at Contrast