|Job Ref:||204680675||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£325 - £400/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced .NET/SQL Developer to work within Central Government on a contract basis. The position will be based in Newcastle for an initial contract until Jan 2017 offering up to a maximum of £400 per day LTD company.|
Working within CSOC.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ELK Stack.
Experience in Business Change / Operations / PMO / PM.
Help on-board new toolsets.
Experience in IT, Understading BPO and Data Analysts.
Help build processes in department.
Experience in ServiceNow.
Active CISSP, SSCP, SANS certifications Security or equivalents
Knowledge of APIs (e.g. RESTful), JASON, Query String Query, and Python (or similar).
As a SOC Analyst, your role on the team will include leveraging your knowledge of industry best practices, good judgment and problem solving skills to execute security operations. In this position you will be:
- Working as part of a team, monitoring and investigating security events from monitored IT systems so that potential attacks can be detected.
- Providing situational security awareness by combining information from a variety of systems, performing analysis of log files, normalising and correlating the information, and triaging security alerts.
- Monitoring the health of monitoring tools and working with other teams to configure their policies and signatures.
- Checking system vulnerabilities and recommending remedial action to be taken.
- Identifying suspicious and anomalous activities, and collecting data and context necessary to initiate Tier 2 activities.
- Ensuring that all security monitoring systems and consoles are monitored diligently and timely.
- Continuously seeking to identify potential service and tool improvements
For any queries please contact Jennifer Barrett on either NA or