|Job Ref:||204680578||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
My client within the Legal sector are recruiting for an experienced Software Development Team Leader, you will be leading a team of highly skilled developers and delivering complex internal system development projects across a variety of products and technologies. |
• As an experienced Development Team Leader, whilst being highly technical and hands-on capable, you will lead development projects across predominantly Microsoft C# .Net MVC, SQL Server technologies and Web API's.
• Managing the successful delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle.
• This will include working closely with the department's IT Manager, Team Leaders, Business Analysts and Developers, as well as liaising with key project stakeholders as required.
• Working closely with other Team Leaders you will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of your Team's development.
• Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code level.
Your key Responsibilities will be:
• Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers
• Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release
• Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
• Working closely with the IT Manager and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
• Providing regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with the IT Manager to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
• Defining delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented within the IT Development MS Project Plan
• ensuring awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
• Participating in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
• Taking responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
• Working closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
• Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects
• Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
• Contributing to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
• Ownership, development and management of allocated departmental processes
• Undertaking analysis projects in the form of consultancy
• Working on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes
• Taking responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
Skills and experience you will have:
• Microsoft C# .Net
• SQL Server
• Web API's
• Team Foundation Server, Tortoise SVN or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years' experience of people management in a team leader position and have the ability to lead and influence others
• Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
• Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
• Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
• Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
• Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
If this role would be of interest, please send your most recent CV for immediate consideration