|Job Ref:||204679935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leith||Address:||Salary:||£38000 - £45000/annum DOE + Additional benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Working for a Government organisation this is a great opportunity to be involved in an extremely important industry for Scotland.|
They are currently recruiting for a Development Manager to join a growing team as they strive to improve their web services across the board.
The primary responsibility of the role is to manage the department's Development team.
The post holder will also drive forward the development processes, methodologies and the solution capability within the team.
The Development Manager will form part of the department's management team and will be expected to support strategy, project and resource planning, process definition and management, and day-to-day operations.
• Previous experience and proven track record of managing, leading, mentoring and motivating a technical team, and ensuring processes and best practice are adhered to.
• Overseeing and leading the development phases of projects and supporting applications once they are in their operational environment.
• Proven track record in architecting and developing large scale web sites and applications.
• Extensive experience building web sites integrated with enterprise content management system (CMS) platforms.
• Excellent and extensive experience developing Java web applications under Tomcat/Apache using a range of current open source frameworks.
• Proven and demonstrable experience working with databases (MySQL, Oracle and Postgres) and web service driven web applications. Including experience of SOAP and Restful web services and XML. Knowledge and experience of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Neo4J would be advantageous.
• Experience of mobile application development using frameworks such as PhoneGap, and native development on iOS and Android would be advantageous.
• Experience with Agile methodologies for application development, and good exposure to the arena of DevOps and associated ways of working.
• Extensive experience of web technologies such as: HTML5, AJAX, JSON, XML, CSS3 and Node.
• Experience detailing and documenting development best practices and coding practices.
• Good exposure to building web applications and solutions under Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems.
• Good exposure to best practice testing approaches, including experience of TDD, JUnit, HTTPUnit, JMeter, Selenium etc.
• Experience of defining and delivering appropriate build and release processes, including hands-on experience of Ant, Maven, Jenkins and source control systems such as SVN and CVS.
• Experience of preparing and coordinating the use of development and testing environments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
On offer for this position is a salary of £38-45K depending on experience with additional benefits