|Job Ref:||204679318||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Position: Data Scientist London - Hadoop, MapR, Python, Spark|
Salary: £75000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
Job Type: Full time
The company client is a highly regarded organisation and one of the most innovative with their utilisation of structured and unstructured data - this is both customer-centric insight, and in supporting operational decisions. The business is currently seeking to recruit a talented and innovative Senior Data Scientist to lead the team in all their predictive modelling and decision support work-streams. There is an excellent mix of mathematical, statistical and machine learning projects underway, with demonstrable support from the highest echelons of NA is a unique opportunity to join a forward thinking organization who truly invests in their people and future.
Major responsibilities for this role will cover:
* Present findings to senior management (and be able to verbalise and enact the vision in collaboration with them)
* Manipulate, prototype test, structure and implement new data sources
* Stay abreast of new developments and technology in this fast-paced market,
* Apply those that will improve the throughput and performance of the Data Science Stack
* And all whilst making sure on-going projects are moving in the right direction!
* You will therefore have autonomy in the working style, and in suggesting and bringing in new technology within a supportive team / management environment.
* The data science team is utilised for projects across the entire organisation, and as such you will forge, manage and maintain key relationships with stakeholders across the business from non-technical departments.
* You may be asked to influence and help visualise additional improvements that can be achieved through work done by the data science team.
* You will, of course, have to develop collegiate and collaborative working relationships with technical departments such as Data Engineering, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence / Data warehousing, Devops, etc, etc.
* You will need to manage work-streams, projects, people, ideas and technology whilst working in a thriving, busy team. The team are well-integrated into the business, and hungry to make a genuine difference to the organisation and keep them as industry leaders so you must share this desire to excel!
Experience and skills set required for this role:
* Commercial experience with much of the tech mentioned at the start of the advert, plus some management responsibility.
* Applications from those with Masters or PhD are welcomed, as long as there is come commercial experience allied to the academic qualifications.
* As well as having a proactive, research-led and inquisitive mind you must also have a clear commercial direction in analysing and interpreting strategy based on the data and analytics.
Keywords: Data Scientist, Decision Scientist, Predictive Modelling, Machine learning, Statistician, Insight, Hadoop, R, Impala, SAS, MapR, MapReduce, Spark, Scala, Pig, Hive, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Python, Java, C++, Perl, PHP.
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to be considered for this position