|Job Ref:||204678943||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
SQL DBA / DevOps - £45k-£50k|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global organisation specialising in business transformation. Our client is looking to recruit a DevOps DBA to work out of their Luton offices. You will be exposed to cutting edge technologies to help deliver market changing online services.
Skills / Environment
* Background in Operations, System Administration, Site Operations or DevOps
* Reviewing T-SQL code written by other team members
* Apply security patches
* Upgrade SQL Servers/ apply service packs
* Strong TSQ (stored procedure, functions, triggers, focus on performance)
* Windows skills: Windows / Windows Server
* Linux skills: working knowledge
* Lateral thinking, reverse engineering, good at problem solving
* Obsession for good documentation: using wiki to log changes
* SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
* SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
* High Availability/ Availability Groups
* Windows Server Clustering
* SQL Server Clustering
* Data Warehouse
* MySQL platform monitoring
As the successful DevOps DBA you will be working within an agile/scrum methodology. The role will be working with other member of the team to review T-SQL code.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise confidently with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. This role will also give the opportunity to travel to other sites in the UK when required.
A strong technical background in one of the following areas is highly advantageous:
Operations, System Administration, Site Operations, DevOps
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Company Pension, Personal Accident, Dental, Childcare Vouchers, Employee Offers, Season Ticket Loan and more
We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy