|Job Ref:||204677482||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£27614/annum Pension Scheme||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
JOB TITLE: IT Team Leader |
LOCATION: East Cheshire
SALARY: £27,614 per annum
Protocol is pleased to be working alongside a leading Further Education College within the East Cheshire area, to recruit for an outstanding, full time, IT Team Leader.
Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, you will be responsible to manage, maintain and develop the College ICT services whilst providing an 'excellent customer focused' service help desk to staff and learners.
You will also be required to take the lead responsibility for the daily management of the ICT Support Team in the development and maintenance of the IT Infrastructure of the College including delivery and support to learners and staff to meet service level agreements.
Some regular evening and occasional weekend work may be required and no annual leave will be honoured to be taken from mid-August to the end of September, due to business needs.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following key points:
* Maintain and organize documentation and inventories to the highest standards, including production of: system configuration, procedures, diagrams and training articles.
* Maintain a budget for equipment and consumables
* Establish and maintain ICT systems' ensuring best practice and suitable security is implemented across system design and changes to meet the College's strategic requirements
* To ensure regular housekeeping routines are completed and regular back-ups are made in accordance with the College Back-up and Disaster Recovery Strategy
* To support the College's ICT services and ensure all systems are maintained and new systems and software are made available as required in accordance with College needs.
Suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
* Graduate in IT/Computer Science is essential
* Microsoft Certification Solutions Expert qualification would be desirable
* A vendor specific Network Certification (i.e. CISCO, HP, Brocade) would be desirable
* Experience of management of VLANs, Switches and Firewalls
* Management experience with Microsoft Active Directory
* Installation of software packages and operating systems using deployment methods i.e. Microsoft (System Centre Configuration Manager) SCCM
* To demonstrate evidence of Continuous Professional Development
* To have relevant recent work related experience in an appropriate vocational area
If you would like to part of this fantastic College and join them on their journey to excellence, then please apply by submitting your application and sending your CV and covering letter.
Protocol has been helping FE professionals and support workers find employment for nearly 20 years and because we work with 47% of the UK's colleges and a further 75 FE providers we always have the very best choice in roles.
Every year Protocol helps over 6,000 candidates find work and provides over 24,000 contracts for our temporary workers. So, if you're looking for your next contract or permanent job, you know you're in good hands