|Job Ref:||204676833||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Mildenhall||Address:||Post Code:||IP28||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
We are currently working on a role for an IT Support Officer for our client based in Mildenhall, Suffolk. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established family business and has the potential to become a progressive role providing a crucial function within the business. |
The company design and manufacture multi-functional steel office furniture working hard to remain on-trend and up to date with the latest designs and functionalities. The role of IT Support Officer has 2 main functions, firstly to be responsible for maintaining the Product Design Section of the company's ERP system and also acting as first line response for the all IT related queries within the business.
As such, this is a very busy and important function within the business where you will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
• Working closely with the design and production teams to ensure the ERP system is kept up-to-date and that new products are developed efficiently
• Creation of BOMs for all manufactured products and parts
• Provision of a fist-line support for all IT related queries covering both the Manufacturing Facility and Company Showroom
• As required, co-ordination with the designated 3rd party IT support company. This will include arranging site visits and escalating more in-depth issues to them
• Take responsibility for installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, routers and printers
• Offering advice on IT related issues to office computer users, external sales managers, the production shop floor and the London showroom
Ideal candidates for this position will have excellent communication skills and able to explain complex information in a clear, understandable way and the ability to carry out multiple duties, prioritising accordingly. Some knowledge of ERP systems would be preferable and experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav very desirable indeed. Within this busy role you must be prepared to face interruptions during the day as IT users experience difficulties as such the ability to remain focused is essential. A qualification within a relevant subject is also required which could be Computing, Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or Math. Some previous experience within a similar role would also be preferable.
f you are seeking a progressive career within IT and are interested in developing your skills please do get in touch today. For further information please call Gemma Turp on (Apply online only).
Due to the high volume of CV's we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on (Apply online only).
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs