|Job Ref:||204676789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £42000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Java Developer - Birmingham |
About the role
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Java / Junior ServiceNow Developer in the Development Services Team of the Applications division to become an expert on servicenow.
This role is ideally suited to a developer with expertise in JAVA development who is seeking to expand their skills into new areas, specifically the rapidly growing technology, ServiceNow.
The Developer will be instrumental in delivering a variety of projects supporting processes across all of Service Birmingham as well as our Client. The role encompasses a variety of skills related to the design and development of ServiceNow.
About Capita | Service Birmingham
Capita Service Birmingham is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Service Birmingham is the partnership between Birmingham City Council and Capita. The agreement was set up in April 2006 to support Birmingham City Council in changing the way it works, using Information Communications Technology to pave the way
What you will do:
* Assisting with the design, documentation and implementation of ServiceNow enhancements in line with a continual improvement model.
* Facilitating and supporting the rollout of new applications and enhancements in ServiceNow.
* Ensuring development documentation is maintained and accurate.
* Ensuring that best practices are followed during systems design, build and implementation.
* Ensuring adherence to the Release and Change process.
* Working closely with customers to ensure requirements cover requested enhancements.
* Using process flows to determine best practise solutions.
* Managing and implementing ServiceNow patching and upgrades.
* Production of Technical Specifications for ServiceNow project work.
Your experience will include:
* Scripting in Bootstrap, MYSQL, Angular JS and/or Jelly
* Experience of Web Service interfaces including SOAP, and REST.
* Experience of SDLC/Scrum methodologies.
* Good verbal communication skills to explain complex solutions to customers in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to write clear and concise communications.
* Ability to maintain specialist knowledge that is accurate and current, to be in a position to meet demands both current and anticipated.
* Experience of managing and applying Update Sets in line with company policy.
* A well-motivated team player
* Technical innovator
* Good communicator at all levels of organisation
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Self- starter - ability to take an idea and run with it
* Experience of producing documentation for all enhancements and updates within ServiceNow.
* Experienced in design, implementation and documentation of ServiceNow Workflows.
* Experience of the ServiceNow Service Management Platform as well as administration and development.
* Knowledge of ServiceNow Scoped Apps.
* ITIL V3 Foundation Certification.
* Knowledge of Project Management (PRINCE2).
* Knowledge of Testing Scripts, the Cucumber testing tool and RUBY / RUBY on Rails frameworks.
* Strong technical and development skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme as well as access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us