|Job Ref:||204676788||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Code:||CM14||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Manpower Group Solutions are currently working in partnership with Ford Motor Company UK and assisting them with a number of important hires in their IT & Technical Solutions teams, based in Brentwood, Essex.
The Global Data Management Services (GDMS) team supports over 1000 database instances on multiple database technologies and are responsible for Infrastructure and Applications database administration, Database security and controls and for providing Data Architecture and Design services to Applications teams during ID & Assess, Design, and Build phases of development projects.
The Oracle DBA will provide production and development support for Europe and Asia-Pac applications.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading global process and standards alignment initiatives
- Ensuring European practices and regulatory controls are agreed and implemented across the EU support portfolio
- Resolving critical and serious production issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the DB change control process is followed
- Promoting and ensure the use of corporate standards in database design and implementation
- Balancing efficient design and business needs
- Investigates, reviews and recommends adoption of new features, utilities and integration of new releases of existing DBMSs
- Researches developments in database technologies to recommend appropriate new tools
- Capable of presenting complex database issues to senior IT and non-IT management
- Handles complex technical issues with primary DBMS vendor and aids in problem resolution.
- Act as liaison with all GDMS teams across the globe (AP, US, EU) to ensure common processes/procedures,
Qualifications and Skills:
- Oracle 11 & 12 .
- SQL design and development.
- Shell Scripting development skills.
- Oracle Enterprise Management (OEM)
- High-Availability (Dataguard).
- Pro-active monitoring of Database performance (Performance Tuning).
- Oracle installs, upgrades & patches
- Work experience within a production support role or Service Management Delivery
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and development in one or more relevant technologies or disciplines. Professional certification is actively encouraged.
- Application Server