|Job Ref:||204676667||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Code:||CM14||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
IT Solutions Architect|
Manpower Group Solutions are currently working in partnership with Ford Motor Company UK and assisting them with a number of important hires in their IT & Technical Solutions teams, based in Brentwood, Essex.
The IT Solutions Architect provides governance & design guidance to IT Application Development teams so that IT solutions meet Ford technology and architecture standards and deliver the business capability intended. Typically the architect will be assigned around five development projects at a time including small changes and major developments. Projects will initially be from across the sales and service portfolio.
The role is part of a team of fourteen IT architects located in UK & Germany who operate within a Ford Global Enterprise Architecture organisation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing architecture proposals for IT solutions, applying Ford technical standards and service oriented design principles.
- Assisting development teams in documenting the technical solution to Ford standards.
- Leading development teams through the Ford architecture approval process.
- Driving new technical components through the Ford Technical Management review and approval process.
- Supporting troubleshooting issues with existing architectures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience of IT application development including direct experience in a developer role.
- Understanding of full IT development lifecycle from requirements definition through delivery, implementation and support.
- Strong grasp of principal technologies used within Ford including Java (J2EE), relational DBMS (Oracle/SQL-Server), web services (Apache/ IHS), Operating Systems (Linux, Windows) and security.
-Strong understanding of web-based application architectures.
- Understanding of interoperability techniques, service oriented architecture, especially web services (SOAP, Web APIs).
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and components e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design methodologies