|Job Ref:||204676482||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winchester||Address:||Post Code:||SO23||Salary:||£320 - £350/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Configuration and Release Manager - ITIL v3|
Urgent contract role has arisen for a Configuration and Release Manager to lead the assessment, analysis, planning and co-ordination of release packages including rish assessment. Liaising on release scheduling and communication of progress, conduct post release reviews and ensure release processes are applied.
* Develop, manage and own an efficient Release Management process for the agreed business services, to include but not limited to:
* Manage communications internally within IT&C and the business users, managing expectations.
* Ensure releases are traceable, secure, tested and authorised.
* Adhere to Change Management processes for Release, ensuring times and priorities are planned and agreed to meet customer needs.
* Ensure the CMDB is updated and master copies of software are stored as required.
* Ensure all software/hardware rolled out is secure and traceable.
* Maintain and co-ordinate the data integrity of the CMDB for agreed business services, working with other Service Management teams, using appropriate tools and methods, including selective audit as necessary.
* Promote Configuration Management across IT&C, producing and managing Configuration Management procedures for agreed business services.
* Develop, manage and own a Software Update Management process
* Produce, maintain and review quality KPI and status reports related to Release and Configuration Management for the agreed business services in readiness for customer reviews and audits.
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate and practical experience of core ITIL principles
* ITIL v3 Intermediate Level certificate (one or more of Service Transition, Release, Control and Validation, Operational Support and Analysis) (desirable)
* SME in at least one ITIL related process i.e. Release Management and/or Configuration Management
* Excellent understanding of Service Management methodology and disciplines, in particular:
* Demonstrable experience of successful Release Management in a technically demanding environment against auditable requirements
* Demonstrable experience of successful Configuration Management, management and maintaining of the CMDB
* Strong knowledge of the IT Delivery Lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application.
* Proven experience in the management and application of a successful Patch Management process across multiple disciplines.
* A broad understanding of IT Service Management platforms and reporting principles
This role is to start in the first week of October so apply now