|Job Ref:||204676432||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Code:||CM14||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Java Centre of Excellence Senior Engineer|
Manpower Group Solutions are currently working in partnership with Ford Motor Company UK and assisting them with a number of important hires in their IT & Technical Solutions teams, based in Laindon, Essex.
The Java Centre of Excellence (JCoE) Senior Engineer has responsibility for providing Java consultation and support across all EU Application Development Product Lines. They also have significant opportunity to provide input to the Global Java CoE team, in both a development and strategic capacity.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the EU Global Java CoE representative, integrating into the global team to gain knowledge on Frameworks, reusable code, SOA, Software Craftsmanship techniques etc. and actively share knowledge amongst the EU development teams to reduce the risk and lower the cost of Ford's application development.
- Build up Ford internal capability, knowledge and depth of experience around application architecture and design in EU
- Grow Ford EU technical competency by ensuring apprentices & graduate developers have adequate training and providing technical support/mentoring
- Support the strategic actions to mature the EU Java CoE presence
- Collaborate with other technical experts (Architect, DA, DBA, SHC, Security, Networking) to resolve critical problems that often occur during application development. Provide technical direction to other associate designers and developers in resolving issues.
- Act as the 'Voice of EU', aligning the EU AD development practices with the Global
- As a member of the Global Java Centre of Excellence, engage with global team in related activities as required: research new technologies, standardise technologies, performance guidance, developing frameworks etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years+ of IT Application Development experience including Java lead developer roles, SDA etc
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting, performance management, deep knowledge of JEE patterns & architecture
- Experience in all systems life cycle phases and has knowledge and practical experience in emerging system development technologies
- Strong communication skills to communicate with multiple groups in System design & analysis.
- Ability to work with Global teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver program/project commitments
- Strong team focus - ability to nurture and mature the Java developer team capabilities at all levels through training and support
- Knowledge and familiarity with AGILE techniques
- Knowledge and familiarity with Software Craftsmanship techniques (e.g. TDD; Continuous Improvement; Extreme programming)