|Job Ref:||204676283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:34|
Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join the team based in Solihull. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum. |
The Role as our Field Service Engineer:
The Field Service Engineers role is a customer facing role and therefore has a great deal of influence on the customer experience. The service provided by Convergence Group is a restoration service and therefore you will need to liaise with the customer and NOC Consultant to guarantee that service to users is restored.
A key aspect of this role is to provide skills to allow Convergence Group to meet it contractual obligations in providing a world class maintenance support service to enhance the customer experience in a multi-vendor environment.
In return, Convergence Group will assist in the development of the individuals both from a technical and soft skills basis to allow for progression within the organisation
The individual will need to have broad range of vendor skills to carry out this role. The vendors currently supported by Convergence Group are Cisco, Aruba, HP, Huawei, Enterasys, Bluecoat (Packetshaper), Extreme, 3Com, Brocade, Avaya Red, Avaya Blue, and Mitel.
As the role requires the individuals to keep abreast of new technology the individual will be required to spend 1 day bi-monthly on skills update such as increasing their product knowledge and protocol knowledge.
Accountabilities as our Field Service Engineer:
- The engineer is part of team of multi-skilled individuals will also interact with other teams such as the Customers, Vendors, Service Desk, NOC, Logistics and other internal departments as required.
- Meet set targets on a regular basis.
- Attend incidents and installations as assigned in a timely and efficient manner
- Travel to customer premises across the UK and EU may be required at any time with short notice.
- Understand the need for prioritisation of incidents, and except that business drivers may need to be taken into account
- Escalate incidents to the 2nd/3rd Line as appropriate.
- Maintain communication with all relevant teams during the life cycle of an incident
- For managed services, co-ordinate with NOC to ensure configurations are correctly applied and service has been restored to users.
- For Maintenance customers, ensure site contact has tested functionality and has agreed functionality has been restored.
- Perform installations or new or replacement equipment on customer site.
- For all sites, ensure an electronic service report has been completed and signed by the customer.
- Obtain software from Vendors to resolve incidents.
- Upgrade Software on site to resolve incidents if required.
- Identify training requirements to ensure that the skills required to perform the role are kept at up to date and are relevant
- At the completion of a site visit, ensure that exports of current configurations are given to the customer, and where allowed by the customer's security polices retained by the engineer to be deposited on the Convergence Group
- Configuration repository
- Participate in an out of hours On Call rota as required
- Ensure the Personal Activity Recording Tool (PART) is updated and completed on a daily basis.
- Ensure that Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) Surveys are issued to customers either using the electronics service report or via email on resolution of an incident.
- GPS Fleet management will be installed in all field engineers' vehicles to allow Convergence Group to provide real time ETA data to customers.
Qualifications needed to become our Field Service Engineer:
- CCNA/Entry level certification (or working towards) from one of the major vendors supported by Convergence Group or experience working with equipment from one or more of the major network vendors (Cisco, preferably).
- Ensuring company process and procedures are adhered to as well as customer specifics procedures for incident handling and security requirements.
- Ensure Company processes are followed in relation to Security (ISO27001), spares handling, incident handling and any customer specific processes or procedures.
- Flexibility as the role will demand changes to work patterns at short notice.
- CRB, SC and WMP Clearance required due nature of supported contracts
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Valid Passport and Driving License required.
- Attitude and willingness to learn and progress
Candidates will be required to be on call and will be paid overtime.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Field Service Engineer then please click 'apply' now! We' love to hear from you