|Job Ref:||204676214||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum + benefits + up to 20% annual bonu||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:41|
Analyst Programmer - Based in Redhill|
Permanent role paying up to £55,000 + benefits + up to 20% annual bonus
• Proven capability with Oracle PL/SQL, C, Java, C# .Net.
• Good technical understanding of Oracle database & tuning.
• Good knowledge of UML modelling. Thorough understanding of SOA, its impacts and drivers.
• Proven working knowledge of multi-tier developments from Client Server to Web based developments.
• Experience in the development of Web Services being utilised by a number of different consumers.
• Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
• Ability to develop mission critical, scalable, resilient software solutions that meet business requirements and exploit re-use from existing capabilities.
• Work under the supervision of the IT Project or Support Manager to meet the demands of the IT Department. These may involve a number of the following activities in design, development and support.
• Produce, present and validate AS-IS and TO-BE landscape models for technical approval showing migration path. Utilise company standards, industry notations and appropriate supporting tools.
• Produce and validate solution design documentation for projects ensuring a consistent quality approach is maintained whilst considering performance and future potential impacts on the system. (Incorporate company & industry standards & guides, patterns, security, data-encryption, SOA architecture and re-use).
• Input into the Technical Environment Plans (TEP) for projects.
• As required research and identify new or changed technology in the industry, trial and support bringing the required technology into the company, e.g. EA, ADF, JSF, Oracle, JCAPS etc.
• To be able to work directly with business users in all aspects of design and development.
• Produce code that meets quality, coding and performance standards according to local IT guidelines and policies including Security, auditing and SOX requirements.
• Ensure re-use of code and Services is maximised with new developments.
• Ensure technical & supporting documentation is written to company standards for developments within responsibility.
• Undertake Unit testing making full utilisation of automation tools available and working with the system test team to ensure tests are integrated as part of the overall test plan.
• Work with off-shore partners in the review of requirements, functional and technical documentation and coding to ensure adherence to company guidelines and policies.
• Work with the Business Analysts to ensure requirements and functional design is accurately captured in UML design models.
• Plan and prioritise day to day and project related assigned tasks effectively to meet the business requirements and project timescales.
• Manage code in accordance with Source Control strategies with IT - Support and/or the Configuration Controller.
• Pioneer new development methods and technologies to improve current practices, productivity and quality. Participate in and present new initiatives to formal technical forums.
• Be a point of contact & expertise for aspects of design & development across all systems, architecture, solutions and databases that fall within your skill set and industry domain knowledge.
• Provide support for core business applications for the IT Department to meet the agreed business SLA's.
• Provide technical support for the production running of the core business systems, diagnosing faults and creating code fixes or data-patches to correct production issues.
• Identify, define and propose system improvements that can be made to reduce the input of recurring data-patches.
• Support daily system checks as required to ensure all daily processes for e.g. Metering flows, SPA flows are functioning correctly.
• Undertake scenario testing of proposed solutions to prove concept of changes.
• An awareness and appreciation of new emerging technologies and standards being adopted within the IT industry and their potential benefits to any business.
• Experience working with Waterfall and Agile development methodology