|Job Ref:||204676085||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:41|
As a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate by developing the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works alongside its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialization. For over thirty years, the Group has provided its expertise to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway, and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2015, the Altran group generated revenues of €1.945bn. With a headcount of more than 27,000 employees, Altran has a presence in more than 20 countries.|
As a Solution Architect with Altran, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible can-do attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress and deliver success for our customers. You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of current and emerging trends in application architecture patterns, enterprise integration services, application development and associated methodologies, application delivery platforms, middleware frameworks, cloud services and technology/infrastructure platforms, with a demonstrable depth of experience in one or more of these areas.
They will be a strong and confident team player, able to switch across multiple projects and provide a consistent input, assurance and technical leadership to ensure successful outcomes.
Responsible for the Applications Roadmap, shaping the direction for existing applications and identifying the need for introduction of new applications, solutions and capabilities, they will also identify the dependencies and requirements on the Infrastructure platform.
• Ownership and development of the Applications Roadmap
• Maintain awareness of Cyber Security and Information Management policies and processes to ensure solutions proposed do not expose client to any undue risk
• Provide solution architecture expertise to the client's Service Lines, including:
o Translation of the ISL strategy into a candidate solutions catalogue and creation of a development roadmap
o Identify key dependencies and enabling activities to facilitate the implementation of candidate solutions in accordance with the development roadmap
o Progress development of comprehensive solution specifications which can be tendered for procurement
o Identify key data sources required to service the candidate solutions
• Engage and support the various phases of solution creation: feasibility and options, preparation of solution specification, detailed design and implementation.
• Pro-actively engage with Suppliers to provide clarity around solution specifications, technical constraints and strategic requirements. Provide an assurance role across all supplier technical deliverables to ensure alignment with requirements, strategy and standards for solutions development.
Qualifications and skills:
• Educated to degree level in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
• Solid experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, master Data management, database management or operations.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and team working skills.
• Have experience of working with external suppliers in an outsourced environment
• Strong understanding of cloud, network architecture and application development methodologies.
• Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
• Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
• Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Practical experience of Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud technologies is advantageous
Due to the nature of the project, the successful candidate must hold current UK SC Clearance.
This exciting opportunity offers career enhancement within a company that is at the forefront of the engineering industry.
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
Due to the large numbers of applications, it is not possible to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 28 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion