|Job Ref:||204676050||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||£300 - £400/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:41|
Senior Test Engineer - up to £400/ day - ~18 month contract - Blackpool*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
The Department of Work and Pensions are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join their team in Blackpool. The Central Payment System (CPS) is a key component of the DWP's Enterprise IT Architecture, providing a single payment and accounting system for the Department's benefits, allowances and pensions payments. The CPS Core System is comprised of Oracle E-Business Suite and the Custom Layer.
Heritage Benefit Systems (HBS's) and Entitlement Management Systems (EMS) provide input flows to the Core System, ultimately resulting in output flows to Paying Agents via ETSE for direct payments within the UK, and direct payments overseas via the Overseas Payment Service Providers.
The E-Business Suite components used are Accounts Payable (AP), General Ledger (GL) and Cash Management (CE). These modules are underpinned by the use of System Administration (SA). DWP are bringing the accountability for the provision of application development (AD), application maintenance (AM) and application support (AS) services into the Department, from the current supplier, HPE. CPS is part of Wave 2 of the ADMS transition which means that the DWP Technology Financial, Commercials and HR systems team will take on responsibility for the provision of AD and AM services from 1st November 2016. Knowledge transfer from HPE is due to start in September.
From 1st The CPS Team will be responsible for developing, testing and delivering a CPS AD/AM Change Programme of approximately 1500 man-days. This includes changes to support Universal Credit, a CPS database upgrade to 11g Release 2 and a CPS application upgrade from Version 11.5.10 to 12.2.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* To take part in all aspects of CPS testing
* Responsibility for gathering test requirements; producing test strategies and plans, carrying out test execution, reporting (manual and automated) and test completion reports
* Help produce test scenarios and test conditions
* Write and gain approval for an overall Test Strategy and Test Plan covering all Test Activities on the project
* Responsibility for delivery of all test collateral on the project (either personally or by ensuring delivery by delegates within the virtual team) including: plans, scripts, scenarios, conditions, defect reports, daily progress reports and end of test reports
* Work with the team to identify tooling to be used on the Project throughout the lifecycle, with an emphasis on smooth interfacing to allow process continuity (continuous build/integration/testing/delivery
* Participate in engagement with local Academy programmes to encourage inclusion of Testing content within Academy content and offer a local contact for academy trainers and attendees when Testing questions arise
Essential skills and experience:
* Experience of Oracle Database Administration, to version 12c
* Experience of Oracle Application Server administration
* Experience of working with high volume, high availability databases and applications
* Administration of Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12
* Experience of impacting and applying patches to Oracle E-Business Suite and databases
* Extensive performance tuning at database and application level
* Experience of working with highly available applications and maximum availability architectures
* Operations and support of IT Operations, infrastructure and application technologies and solutions - hardware, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
* ITIL Service Operation (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) and with experience of Service Transition.
* Monitoring and event management
* Data management regulations and policies and Information Lifecycle Management frameworks and solutions.
* Experience of structured testing methodologies
* Experience of automated testing tools
* Experience of testing ERP applications
* Experience of batch applications
* Able to work autonomously within a fast moving team taking accountability for building the test process and leading on Testing activities with minimal external input
* Proven ability to plan, manage and complete testing activities within set budgets and time limits
Desirable skills and experience:
* Test Specific qualifications