|Job Ref:||204675866||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:41|
Our client is an international market-leader in producing realisitic sports simulators and server based gaming/gambling games. They employ over 1,000 people in 10 offices around the world and supply all of the major UK and Italian bookmakers as well as a growing number of clients in many countries spanning most continents.
Working under Windows using MS Visual Studio primarily using C++, you will be part of a team involved in all aspects of development.
This will include:
* Development and delivery of virtual events to our customers.
* R&D of rendering systems, game algorithms, new tech/products.
* Recommend/advise Test Strategy/Tools etc.
* Link you work with bet management systems (using a variety of protocols).
* Re-purposing existing systems to run in new contexts.
* Take part in in code and design reviews.
* Identify and address performance/stability issues within the software.
* Provide 3rd line support and troubleshooting issues for live software.
* Liaising with clients and regulators.
* Mentoring of other developers.
* Review builds before releases.
* Design solutions solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
* Assist other team members troubleshooting of live software and software in development.
Personal Attributes and Skills
The candidate should:
* Ideally have a degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems.
* Strong technical background in software design patterns.
* Comfortable in an Agile environment
* Have several years' experience with MS Visual C++ under Windows.
* Have Senior Developer experience or can demonstrate they are ready and able to take this role.
* Be able to apply themselves to a wide and unpredictable range of software tasks.
* Be prepared to own the entire job, from initial analysis to release and documentation.
* Be experienced in using version control systems - preferably SubVersion.
The following are desirable but not essential:
* Any general experience in technical or scientific software.
* An interest in sports and betting.
My clients offers an exciting, dynamic and fun working environment. Located in the heart of Manchester city centre. You will also be entitled to participate in a contributory pension scheme and other benefits.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Contact Tom Walker on (Apply online only) or submit your CV below if you are interested in applying for the role