|Job Ref:||204675719||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farringdon||Address:||Post Code:||GU34||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:41|
Network Operations Engineer |
Founded in 2008, BookingBug is the industry`s most advanced, most powerful and most versatile appointment and event booking platform. Our award-winning technology powers the real-time management of appointments made via online, mobile, in-store or call centre for enterprise clients in retail, financial services, the public sector and beyond.
Position: Network Operations Engineer
Location: Farringdon, London
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: 23 days holiday per year, employee referral incentives, team social events
We are looking for a NetOps Engineer to join our Engineering team based in Farringdon in a dynamic, fun office with a great start-up culture. The team is very diverse, with backgrounds spanning from astrophysics to criminology and computer game design to music management. We pride ourselves on our great working culture and offer all staff a host of extra perks and regular social activities.
- Building, running and maintaining server infrastructures
- Supporting internal development teams with infrastructure needs and platform investigations
- Performing R&D for engineering and development future projects
- Rota-based on-call responsibilities for out of hours response / duties
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of the Linux operating system (in particular CentOS / RedHat)
- Strong knowledge of Apache, MySQL and Redis servers
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services and similar cloud-based services
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and web browser to server communications via HTTP
- Knowledge of data centre techniques and processes for delivery of a high availability platform
- Be able to use, or understand Ruby-based shell scripts, application code and frameworks
- A confident, enthusiastic attitude
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for, small company culture and dynamics
You may have experience of the following: Network Operations Engineer, NetOps, Server Infrastructure, Linux, CentOS, RedHat, Apache, MySQL, Redis, Amazon Web Services, Networking, Network Protocols, HTTP, Data Centre, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Network Infrastructure, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications