|Job Ref:||204675638||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Brackley||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£22000 - £27000/annum + Bens||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:41|
IT Support Engineer|
Our client is seeking a well organised, highly focused IT Support Assistant to provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support, joining an established and well respected business based in Brackley. As the IT Support Engineer you will be responsible for the day to maintenance and technical assistance for colleagues ensuring all problems are dealt with in a professional and timely manner. Experience working in an IT support role is essential as is experience with MS Office, anti virus and fault diagnosis. The hours for this role are 8.00 am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. While the role is based in Brackley there may be occasional visits to other sites.
* Responsible for offering technical IT assistance.
* Responsible for monitoring and responding to emails company wide.
* Ensure company's equipment/software is installed and maintained to appropriate standards.
* Ensure incident information is recorded accurately.
* Ensure server backups are completed regularly.
* Perform fault diagnosis and rectification on equipment, servers and networks.
* Set up equipment, email addresses, log-ins etc. for new employees.
* Work as 1st and 2nd line support within in the company, escalating to external IT support if required.
* Assisting external IT support to remote access company systems.
You will have:
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work in a busy environment, offering a good knowledge of general IT helpdesk operations.
* Experience of managing external remote assistance as required.
* Strong fault diagnosis and a good understanding of Microsoft operating systems and applications including Microsoft office, anti-virus and backup support.
* Relevant experience of managing, maintaining and supporting peripheral equipment including routers, switches and hubs etc.
* Knowledge/experience of peripheral equipment including printers, servers, desktops and laptops.
* Will have exceptional problem solving abilities, excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
* Able to work in a flexible/changing environment.
* Positive, proactive and efficient with excellent communication skills.
* Must be very organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
Salary & reward package:
* Salary is £25,000 per year depending on skills and experience.
* 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays