|Job Ref:||204678765||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||New Malden||Address:||Post Code:||KT3||Salary:||£0 - £50.00/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
A well-known and reputable Defence company requires a Senior Network Engineer to work onsite in New Malden, Surrey. |
We are looking for someone with significant experience and knowledge with Juniper.
NA Network Engineering experience with exposure Juniper, Dell Fabric, Cisco routing and switching
NA Network Engineering experience in network systems/infrastructure design (Visio, Excel, words, Documentation)
NA to include, Network Management Systems, PRTG.
NA in formal network test design and configuration including, Xena network tool, Wireshark, IP flow, SOIP, USBOIP etc.
NA Knowledge of software scripting, (API, Web Service, syslog etc.)
NA in Network security (firewalls and IDS) design and implementation.
NA in WAN design and configuration to include but limited to: All WAN media, Packet shaper, WAN accelerator (Riverbed)
NA in a secure environment with understanding of MOD working practices
NA understanding of VMware
The following qualifications would also be beneficial:
• Windows Server 2003 & 2008; SQL experience
• Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
• Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
• Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
• Experience of leading teams from a technical perspective
Network development including: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components. Your role will be to ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network's performance meets the necessary requirements. You would also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration.
• Previous experience supervising the administration of systems and server networks
• An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Switches Firewalls
• Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
• Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
• An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
• Current Juniper JNCIA,JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA,CCNP and/or CCDA certification
• Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
• A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance