|Job Ref:||204678684||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Post Code:||PE29||Salary:||£8.00 - £13.00/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Brook Street require a Workshop IT engineer for a long term temporary role. The position is likely to become permanent for the right person.|
Our client is looking for experience working with hardware, common faults and basic hardware troubleshooting. The role will include some software work but this is mainly cleaning, imaging and re-installing general office software on PC's laptops and printers.
You will work with with PC's, dot-matrix and laser printers, laptops, barcode readers, tablets, receipt printers, chip and pin devices and many other IT based devices so experience working with hardware on these devices would be of great interest to them.
- Ensure the day to day smooth running, fault fixing and seamless continuity of IT systems
- Installation of new systems (PC's, printer, phone, point of sale equipement), installation of software and upgrades, network patching
- Ensure the security of the system from outside threats by keeping antivirus up-to-date and educational material for staff
- Assist in managing contracts for the institute and liaise with external organisations
- Advise on the purchasing of equipment and obtaining quotes according to purchasing procedure
- Maintain and update IT documentation, how-tos, one pager tutorials
- Train lecturers on operating IT and audio/video systems used in classrooms
- Provide occasional support for Students
- Assist IT Manager with IT Projects and Systems maintenance providing a great chance to learn
- Skills to communicate with both technical and non-technical users
- Passion for IT with the enthusiasm and initiative to learn and develop new skills
- Can multi-task and prioritise
- Work under pressure at times of emergency
- Team player and able to adapt to a multicultural environment
- 1 -2 years relevant experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of pc, printers and general IT hardware
- Windows 7/8/10 OS hands on experience: installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 basic knowledge
The role will be working 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday between 8am and 6pm.
The hourly payrate will be between £8.00 and £13.00p/h depending on experience.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV , apply below or call Harry McNeill on (Apply online only) for further information